Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Polka dots and stripes

So today I was bolder than usual;) I wore polka dots with stripes...not my usual but it worked out and I got some compliments at work! And I only spent $12.00 on my whole outfit! I love my new budget wedges:) They are so comfortable and in such great 2nd hand condition! Everything you see here is thrifted except the locket! If you look really close on the left side of this photo you can see my nosey cat Saydee!! She is a crack up she always has to watch me out the window whenever I go outside...I didn't realize she was in the picture til later! Crazy kitty!!





Shirt-Old navy thrifted
Skirt-Old navy thrifted awhlile back
Wedges-Gap thrifted
Belt-Thrifted
Necklace-gift from mom

A recent gift from my mother...I guess i'm on a locket kick right now;) I love it so much!! I wore it today to keep her in my thoughts and prayers. My mom was recently diagnosed with cancer and will be going through Chemo and radiation treatments soon. I don't mean to get ya down so on the positive side of things she caught it the early stages and has a really good chance of beating it. So a little reminder to call your mom and tell her you love her today if you haven't already, and tell her how much you love and apprecitate her!

So in order to help cheer you up after that... I decided to share with you my new recipe for Sugar Cookies spelled with a capital S and C because they are very important! You can find the yummy recipe on one of my favorite food blogs Our best bites. It is the first recipe I have used that doesn't call for cream of tartar and that makes me smile:) This is a picture of the Sugar cookies I made yesterday. I ran out of butter, and I am poor, so I had to decorate them with sanding sugar. But they are oh so much yummier with frosting and look ten times better so check them out here!
And last but not least..cute shoes!! I love these pair of mint green seychelles. Aren't they adoreable. I wish I could afford them ($92.99) but just staring at them makes me feel like I am indulging in a large helping of Chocolate lava cake;) They are in my size over at Modcloth, maybe I could sell one of my kidneys? Be sure to leave me a comment if you know where a great pair of knock offs can be found ...I am dying to know!

2 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! It is really cute... I haven't been bold enough to try wearing patterns together but I just love this look! :) Will have to check out my closet later and see if I have anything that will work. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marie;) Can't wait to see what you come up with...I'm sure it will be super cute!!

    ReplyDelete

...........

Search This Blog