Thursday, January 7, 2010

Etsy Shop Grand Opening





So I did it!!!!! I finally jumped in and took the plunge to start my own business on Etsy.com=) I've been going back and forth about it for 3 months now and finally found the courage to just DO IT! I lost my job back in February 2009 when my dad's company went under due to the crappy economy! It has almost been a year of being on unemployment, which was good due to the fact that Matt has been on disability for over a year now and I have been able to help him out this whole time which is a blessing, but we are so poor it's not funny! So hopefully this turns out good and we can make some income, because my unemployment ran out and we are scraping by!

I opened my Jewelry shop to the public at around 5am and my heart is still pounding out of my chest! It feels strange to put yourself out there for everyone to see, especially when your art work is pretty much just an extension of yourself. It's hard to think...what if people don't like it, or worse....what if no one buys anything!!! But I have been doing a lot of reading and research on Etsy for the past 8 months and lots of people say to hang in there because it takes time for people to find you and then to buy something from you when you just start out=( So I guess I will just play the waiting game...I know i'm gonna drive myself insane...i'm already an Etsy junky and this is not going to help at all! So here's to a new adventure for 2010, this was my top new years resolution and I think i'm doing pretty good so far;) Here's to a Happy & healthy New year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

...........

Search This Blog